From: Ken Foskey [mailto:foskey@nospam.optushome.com.au]
Sent: Friday, 15 June 2001 1:47
To: slug@nospam.slug.org.au
Subject: [SLUG] freeswan

I want to run a debian firewall with freeswan for internet and a VPN
tunnel.  IPSEC with IKE and a shared secret.

This box will be built from scratch on a minimal harddisk, P100
processor.  It must redirect my internal network to the internet.  It
will redirect specific IP addresses through freeswan VPN  (10.x.x.x
series and other).

OK how do I configure a freeswan firewall deb package the easy way?
Any hints or pointers?
Any apt-get configurations?

My starting point will be 2.2 debian disks, but I have a cable modem now
:-) so internet installs not a problem.

There is a lot of discussion about not 2.4 kernels,  is this still current?

Thanks
KenF