[SLUG] Problem with logrotate and squid logs

Title: Problem with logrotate and squid logs

Hi All,

I can't seem to get logrotate in RH 7.0 to behave properly with my squid
logs. I tried to use the prerotate statement to use squids built-in log
rotation function, but alas I just can't seem to get it right.

What on earth am I doing wrong !?

/usr/local/squid/logs/*.log
{
        sharedscripts
        nomail
        rotate 15
        notifempty
        missingok
        compress
        daily
        prerotate
                /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -k rotate
        endscript
}

I managed to win the fight for using a decent os for our proxies, now to start with our print servers *8-)

---
Rgds,
Chris MacKenzie
Computer Systems Officer - Blacktown College of TAFE.

Ph.  (02) 9208-1835 Ext. 15835
Fax. (02) 9208-1755

Microsoft (MIKE-roh-sofft) Definition: Term of insult,
often used in place of d'oh. Infers inability to do ones job without completely ballsing everything up.

smime.p7s