Re: [SLUG] RE: Anything like pcAnywhere?

<quote who="Howard Lowndes">

> I ended up using the offering from www.tightvnc.com.  It's certainly far
> better than the basic product especially with ssh compression, but still
> doesn't hold a candle to pcAnywhere; I guess they must be using some real
> tight algorythms (sp??)

You didn't actually mention if you were using this with X or... something
else. If it's X, use X!

pcAnywhere simply has the advantage that it's targeting a known environment,
and can throw in as many miserable hacks as it needs to to make it work
quickly. VNC is fully cross-platform, both the client and the server, so
cannot make too many assumptions.

- Jeff

--
      "Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly." - Robert Doisneau