[SLUG] Config-ing named

Howdy

Is their a simple way to setup named as a simple name server ?
What I mean by this is that I just want named to lookup names for the WIN
pc's on my LAN.

I managed to do this on my old RH 6.1, but in this new RH 7.1 docos only talk
about setting up a whole domain, which is more that I really want to do.

In 6.1 I just setup resolve.conf with the IP's of my nearby name servers, and
it all worked just fine.

In 7.1 it seems that while named is running it won't answer any questions
from other PC's on the network... Is this some new security measure ?  If so
how do I set it up to allow name lookup from my local network.

Thanx

PMc