Re: [SLUG] text mode newsreader, or a server?

This one time, at band camp, Rob B said:
>My question is, should I set up a news server, or install a text-based
>newsreader and read news via an ssh connection?

You can do both, or just use the newsreader.

I use slrn to read news -- it's sort of like a mutt-for-news, only not
as cool ;)  You specify your newsserver in .slrnrc or globally in
/etc/news/something (if you're on Debian).

I also use leafnode as a local news spool, so that reading news is fast;
it slurps all the groups I'm interested in every morning from my ISP.

--
jaq@nospam.spacepants.org                        http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting