Re: [SLUG] MYSQL

<quote who="Simon Bryan">

> Can someone explain what the following means? I have copied the script to
> /etc/init.d but what does it mean by the linking?
> Do I just make a soft link from these directories to the script?

Yes, or get your OS to do it for you, using one of the utilities provided
(update-rc.d for Debian, chkconfig (from memory) for Red Hat).

Have a read of this: "From Power Up To Bash Prompt"

    http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/From-PowerUp-To-Bash-Prompt-HOWTO.html

:)

- Jeff

--
  For a list of points detailing how technology has failed to improve our
                           lives, please press 3.