Re: [SLUG] apt-get update rpm

Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Mike Lake said:
> >I have rpm 3.0.3 on my Debian box and want to update to 4.0
> >(to alien a RH7 mozilla binary for the Alpha).
>
> Which version are you running?  I have sid on this machine, and
> apt-cache show rpm tells me that the current version is 4.0.2-9.

apt-cache show rpm gives
"dists/potato/main/binary-alpha/admin/rpm_3.0.3-1.deb"

> You might be lucky, and apt-get install rpm/unstable will work,
> otherwise, apt-get show rpm tells me this also:
> Filename: pool/main/r/rpm/rpm_4.0.2-9_i386.deb
> http://planetmirror.com/pub/debian/pool/main/r/rpm/rpm_4.0.2-9_i386.deb

Ah they have an rpm_4.0.2-10_alpha.deb !
Thanks - I'll pull it down tonight when my Alpha connects.

It's because Alien needs the latest rpm to convert the Mozilla.rpm to
a deb. I'm not going to try and compile that beast yet on my Alpha :-)

Mike