[SLUG] MYSQL

Hi,
Can someone explain what the following means? I have copied the script to
/etc/init.d but what does it mean by the linking?
Do I just make a soft link from these directories to the script?

# Usually this is put in /etc/init.d (at least on machines SYSV R4 based
# systems) and linked to /etc/rc3.d/S99mysql and /etc/rc0.d/S01mysql.
# When this is done the mysql server will be started when the machine is
# started and shut down when the systems goes down.

Simon Bryan