Re: [SLUG] apt-get question

This one time, at band camp, David Kempe said:
>Hey I have the same question as Mike Lake but i can't see the answer for
>him:
>
>http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/lists/slug/2001/April/msg00732.html

This is 'cause no-one answered it ;)

Mike Lake wrote:
>The percent will rapidly go from 0 to 99% as it downloads info but then
>after it gets to 99% it will wait for some time. Mostly it's this
>security site at debian but also for anything at mirror.aarnet

I don't know the answer, but I can guess:  s.d.o is (was) under a high
load, so it's probably timing out.  I get similar results when I'm
upgrading thru apt-proxy, it seems to never want to give out the last 1%
of each file, but upon restart, everything finishes.

So, it *might* be a timeout problem -- it certainly was for me with
s.d.o, and seems to be when using apt-proxy -- but I can't say for sure.

--
jaq@nospam.spacepants.org                        http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting