[SLUG] Apache serving .doc files

I am trying to get my Linux based apache web server to serve some .DOC MS Word files.  However I am having the following problems.

1. When I click on the link, the file starts downloading as (garbled) text into the netscape window.
2. If I shift-select the link, I can download the file but then WORD cannot read it.

I've checked the file in Apache's directory and it is fine - I can ftp or scp it and read it just fine, just not when I try to fetch it from a link on a webpage.

I have the following link set up in my webpage:

	<A HREF="forms/fax_template.doc">FAX Coversheet</A> (Word)<BR>

Anyone got any ideas - have a got Apache configured wrongly.

Matt