[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[SLUG] minutes from slug exec meeting (2001-06-05)
attached (as text/html)
(jamie: don't believe everything you read. we're still working out
tridge, you and this month's meeting - looks like you will be on this
month as originally planned..)
Title: Minutes 20010605
Minutes - Business Arising
- Missing bank statements: Jamie Honan recommends we just make
do with what we have.
- Treasurer's report due in next week or so. Reincorporation
stuff after that
- Insurance has been renewed.
- Signaturies: don't have to all be at bank at same time; need
to fill out more forms tho. The required more forms were left
at home. Can also show ID to a JP and get him to sign
yet another form instead.
- PO Box: 5 possible locations in CBD. 44 Market St is nearest
central station, so probably go with that one. Look into
redirecting from there to someone's home mailbox, too.
- Apparently, Key3 Media have been in trouble with the ATO for
not invoicing people they gave free stands to. "Solution" is
for them to invoice us for $4000, and us to invoice them for
the same amount.. (xfire + patrick)
- General consensus to make xfire "official meetings
- Make sure all talk organisation, etc gets CC'd to committee
so we know whats going on. jdub to update web pages as
This Month's Meeting
- Tridge is in (still to be properly confirmed tho). To talk
about samba 2 internationalisation and samba 3. May have to
pay his transport (possibly ~$200 if he flies).
- Since Tridge is making the trip, give him the full meeting.
Move Jamie Honan's talk to July (with Rebecca)
- jdub to arrange BBQ King for post-meeting dinner.
- Randal Schwartz: not here in time for meeting (he'll be here
first week of July).
- Hold a social event, with Randal giving a talk.
- Try and liaise with Sydney Perl Mongers (if they're
- Friday 6th might be a good time. xfire suggests talk at
UTS at 6:30pm-8:20pm, then 9pm Ghangis Kahn (near Town
- Possible: file systems, MTAs, DJB supporters vs the world,
- Excessively social event
- Pub debates (rants / holy wars)
- Trivia quiz
- vi vs emacs pool comp
- Drinking game?
- Meet at Craige's office (city) sometime next week. Check
day/time with Craige.
- Been complaints of disruptions during talks. We should
decide which 2 of us are running the meeting (for our own
coordination) and they should endevour to "neutralise
- Urn: key is now with Tim Bayfield. Urn is now(?) level 6
engineering somewhere.. Gus to talk to Tim and sort out latest
Last modified: Tue Jun 12 11:33:41 EST 2001