[SLUG] parport_lowlevel module

I am having setting up my printer for a Red Hatish version of linux.
I am sure I have the printcap, spooling, filters, etc set up properly
as I have done this many times and the print jobs are sent to a queue.

Also I have parallel support and lpr support installed as modules.
The devices lp0, 1, and 2 exist.

I get a message that the job is queued but the daemon cannot be open.
When I read /var/log/messages I am told that modprobe cannot find a
module called "parport_lowlevel".  As far as I can see looking at the
sources for the kernel, there is no such module anyway.

Any suggestions?

	Thanks in advance,

	       Murray