Re: [SLUG] OAMs

John Ferlito wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 12:22:00PM +1000, Danny Yee wrote:
> > I wonder if any free software developers will ever be recognised in
> > government honours lists -- Andrew Tridgell or someone like that...
>
>         I'm not sure how it works, but I'm guessing someone would have
> to nominate them right?

That is basically the method. Something like Linux Australia could put
forward a name each time (like now). I think it is something like ten
years service minimum.

It isn't something you discuss in public. The nominee gets
quitely/obliquely asked (by the gov dept) if they will accept just
before announcement.

You can ask you local member for info for starters.

   email: terryc@nospam.woa.com.au  www: http://www.woa.com.au