Re: [SLUG] OAMs

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 12:22:00PM +1000, Danny Yee wrote:
> I wonder if any free software developers will ever be recognised in
> government honours lists -- Andrew Tridgell or someone like that...

	I'm not sure how it works, but I'm guessing someone would have
to nominate them right? Could be pretty cool though. Maybe all the
australian LUG's should get to gether and get members to nominate a few
Australian Open Source contributors then we have some sort of quick vote
on who is most deserving and then we put together all the paper work to
nominat them for an OAM or something similar.

	Anyone ever done anything in this area and know what's involved?

--
John Ferlito
Senior Engineer - Bulletproof Networks