Re: [SLUG] Re: esmith dialing problem

Angus Lees wrote:

> > Check that e-smith is not assuming that your machine is set to Universal
> > time. We had to change our time settings to get it to work properly.
>
> <curious>
> how does the system clock timezone cause pppd (or the dialer?) to fail?
> </curious>

e-smith is set to only allow connection between the times you set. I
think it defaults to between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. You can set it to
always accept and dialout, but most schools that use it just accept the
defaults and usually have the problem of having to make sure that the
timezone is correct. I had the same problem when I set it up at Woy Woy
High. I adjusted the times and it now works fine.

Hope that helps
Stay well adn happy
Heracles