Re: [SLUG] ADSL and simultaneous PSTN modem

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 11:07:39PM +1000, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> Has anyone any experience of using ADSL and PSTN modem simultaneously over
> the same copper pair.  Theoretically it should work, but does it?

	Yes works fine. I used to do this when I had a Telstra ADSL
connection and the Telstra<->Optus gateway really sucked. I used to dial
into PI with the standard modem and route some IP's down there so I
could actually get some work done. Can't remember what speeds I used to
get. Definetly got 33.6 but there isn;t really any reaon why you
shouldn;t be able to get 56k or whatever you normally get.

--
John Ferlito
Senior Engineer - Bulletproof Networks