Re: [SLUG] OT - Job advertisement

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:

> > Why? Why should I be forced to get RSI from rolling a mouse, invest more
> > and more into video cards to keep up with the growing trend to drop
> > support for older stuff, bloat my OS with a GUI I barely ever use just to
> > make convention more pleasant for people who are too lazy or too stupid to
> > recognise a command line when they see it?
>
> You give a valid point here, all this thrive to "more" is not that good,
> especially when you see the new version of office ......
>
> Some people, however, do not have your capabilites and never will so
> they need the "easy GUI interface".

Exactly. I specifically used the word "forced" in my statement because I
was protesting claims that I shouldn't be using anything but a GUI based
web browser.

My choice. I choose not to use a GUI web browser unless there's some
pretty pictures I want to see.

> > DaZZa - anarchist!
>
> If you would be one you would be in Redmond with a nuclear bomb strapped
> around your chest waiting for Billy to arrive to press that button!

OK, so I'm a cyber-anarchist - I DoS his servers until they die {not
difficult with WindoZe servers}. :-)

DaZZa