Re: [SLUG] OT - Job advertisement

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 09:33:21AM +1000, DaZZa (dazza@nospam.zip.com.au) wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:

[snip]

> Why? Why should I be forced to get RSI from rolling a mouse, invest more
> and more into video cards to keep up with the growing trend to drop
> support for older stuff, bloat my OS with a GUI I barely ever use just to
> make convention more pleasant for people who are too lazy or too stupid to
> recognise a command line when they see it?

You give a valid point here, all this thrive to "more" is not that good,
especially when you see the new version of office ......

Some people, however, do not have your capabilites and never will so
they need the "easy GUI interface".

However, IMHO what the writers of todays OS's dont see, making
the OS's "fixable/changeable/installable" by Mr. and Mrs. Smith will
in the long run, fail.

And you know what? Microsoft is already realizing that and making
LOADS of money because of that, all this "update via Internet" and
"upgrade schemes" are based upon that.

> > > :-)
> >
> > dito.
>
> That's "ditto".

Thats correct, it did save one byte not being send, though :-)))

> DaZZa - anarchist!

If you would be one you would be in Redmond with a nuclear bomb strapped
around your chest waiting for Billy to arrive to press that button!

jhs

--
My Dogma got run over by my Karma.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@nospam.barrett.com.au, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|