Re: [SLUG] OT - Job advertisement

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 08:15:29PM +1000, Heracles (heracles@nospam.earthling.net) wrote:
> DaZZa wrote:
> <snip>
> > Why? Why should I be forced to get RSI from rolling a mouse, invest more
> > and more into video cards to keep up with the growing trend to drop
> > support for older stuff, bloat my OS with a GUI I barely ever use just to
> > make convention more pleasant for people who are too lazy or too stupid to
> > recognise a command line when they see it?
>
> "Some say coming down out of the trees was a big mistake.....  And there
> are those who say we should never have come out of the sea in the first
> place"
>
> Happy swimming Dazza

Thats rude.
DaZZa has his opinion and so do you.

I can *AND* cant at the same time undesrstand what his argument is.
If Linux is continuing in the same way as it is in the moment there is
a danger that we end up like Windoooooze.

On the other hand GUI;s do provide some nice features. I love sed,grep,
perl,ngrep,tcsh,pipes, redirection,history and so may more fetures that
are given by the commandline but yet "ksysv" saves me a lot of time
changing the boot setup .....

jobst

--
A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@nospam.barrett.com.au, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|