Re: [SLUG] Modem Sharing Client Options

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 12:00:12PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a Free Software IP modem sharing client for Win32? Most
> of the docs I've seen point to Tactical Software's proprietary DialOut/IP.
> I intend to use a Linux machine and a number of modems, but am looking for a
> good FS solution on the messy Windows end.
>
> Thanks!

Sound like you will be use masqdialer (apt-get mserver). After you search
on google you'll stumble to <URL: http://w3.cpwright.com/mserver/>

Further down that page you'll see a number of client available. For my
parents and sister I've installed winMasqDialer -- I haven't evaluated
any of the others so I don't know how feature complete/useful they are.

I wanted something which had a status bar icon 'red light means no
Internet, click a few times and it'll turn green - then you can email'.

Anand