Re: [SLUG] OT - Telstra to cap flat rate ADSL & Cable plans at 3Gb/month

What I don't understand is how Telstra can afford to piss of so many people
if they are already not making any money out of Broadband.
According to them this will improve the netwoks performace, what dif. does
this make to me if I am still capped at 64k/512kbps.

All I know is that with optus@nospam.home the average works out to be way more then
10Gigs per month, even with the way their AUP works.

I can live with 3Gig per month but thats hardly the point. I am not going to
argue the point that when I signed the Terms and Conditions the service was
different.
Since Telstra ( & Optus ) reserve the right to change their service or even
disconnect YOU without any warning or even reasons. They do have themselves
covered.
Legally or otherwise.

As soon as I heard about the changes to the AUP etc. I went and had a look
at my options. However, living in an Apartment doesn't make things any
easier, since the only reasonable connection would be ADSL, with unlimited
downloads and 1.5Mbps downstream and 256kbps up. Of course subject to an
AUP. However with a price tag of $249.00AU per month I don't think so.

I guess what angers me the most is that Telstra is saying this will improve
network performace, yeah maybe for some ppl in the gaming community but not
for the vast majority. I really couldn't care less if I have a 170ping to
the states or a 230ping. Secondly Bigpond users are already capped at 64k
and now they are capping us again with a dl limit. Thirdly, counting
upstream traffic - wtf - that is just wrong. I admit having sent roughly
4Gigs upstream over the past 4 weeks may have been accessive but where else
am I going to stream music from while I am at work. :-)

Ent.