Re: [SLUG] OT - Telstra to cap flat rate ADSL & Cable plans at3Gb/month

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:

> I dont mind paying more for the hardware costs.

Agreed.

> I dont mind paying more for installation.

Agreed

> I dont mind paying more for services like reparing/customer service ....

Agreed

> But I mind to pay stupid prices for a service which does not involve
> supervision as per user base.

It's a straight run for you. I agree wholeheartedly.

> I had a chat a few weels back with the Telstra techie.
> I was trying to find out how I can connect my home to my office.
> So I talked to the techie regarding setting up a point to point
> ISDN link.
>
> The guy on the other site said after I questioned the price structure:
>
>    "We can afford to ask this prices, there's nobody else."

For It Still Does Nothing that's absolutely true - no other carrier offers
either Basic Rate or Primary Rate ISDN. There are other options for B-ISDN
{Broadband ISDN}, but they're usually _way_ over the top for home use -
who needs a 155 megabit per second link for home use anyway?

DaZZa