Re: [SLUG] OT - Telstra to cap flat rate ADSL & Cable plans at 3Gb/month

James Buchanan was once rumoured to have said:
> I disagree that Telstra are providing a good service for the money. In the
> USA, cable is a measely US$20/month. In Canada, my friend Marc gets his
> 1Gb/sec ASDL for CAN$20/month, which is something ridiculous like AUD$25 or
> whatever. Telstra have no real competition when it comes to broadband, and
> they are ripping us all off. You watch them squeal like pigs when
> competitors like AT&T come in and Telstra has to lower their prices to
> something more reasonable. AT&T have had an office in Sydney for at least 5
> years, it's only a matter of time before they come in and clean up.

Australia isn't the United States.  We don't have the infrastructure
they have, and they hold the majority of traffic, whereas here most of
the traffic goes out over transatlantics and the like.

Basically, because we live on the other side of the earth, the service
really does cost more.

C.