Re: [SLUG] OT - Telstra to cap flat rate ADSL & Cable plans at 3Gb/month

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 09:50:13AM +1000, Alister Waller (alister@nospam.roadtechsystems.com.au) wrote:
> 3GB is loads for a home account.
>
> What would you want more for???
>
> Its funny that people who are concerned about emails being in text and
> snipping off previous comments to save bandwith would be upset over a 3GB
> download limit. Thats a hell of a lot of text.
>
> We are very lucky in Australia to have hig speed internet connections easily
> available (in the cities) and at a reasonable cost. Try doing the same in
> the UK.

Bulls**t.
Australia must be one of the most expensive countries when it comes to
paying the ISP bill. I have a few friends in the US and Europe and
they pay zilch compare what we have to pay.

A few years back when ISDN was "the way to go" people in the US had
to pay $150 ALL UP for their ISDN connection compare to the $600 we
had to pay. (same in europe)

Why do you think soooooooooooooooo many people put their servers
into the US instead putting them locally?????

jobst

--
This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@nospam.barrett.com.au, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|