Re: [SLUG] OT - Telstra to cap flat rate ADSL & Cable plans at 3Gb/month

I disagree that Telstra are providing a good service for the money. In the
USA, cable is a measely US$20/month. In Canada, my friend Marc gets his
1Gb/sec ASDL for CAN$20/month, which is something ridiculous like AUD$25 or
whatever. Telstra have no real competition when it comes to broadband, and
they are ripping us all off. You watch them squeal like pigs when
competitors like AT&T come in and Telstra has to lower their prices to
something more reasonable. AT&T have had an office in Sydney for at least 5
years, it's only a matter of time before they come in and clean up.

I doubt seriously that Telstra gives a shit about its customers. They
certainly don't know how to run a business, if they treated their customers
with a bit of respect, stopped grossly overcharging and their customer
service people were not so rude, I'm sure they would win more customers and
make bigger profits as a matter of due course anyway.

I wonder how much a T1 would cost me through Telstra? All channels in the
T1. In the USA, it's a piddling US$300/month, fractional T1's are
drastically less. I'm sure it would be some ridiculous cost here throught
Telstra.

--
James
[no signature yet, still fiddling around with ASCII-art]