Re: [SLUG] OT - Job advertisement

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:

> > > then when selecting a link only the document needs to be updated,
> > > speeding up loading and decreasing the traffic generated.....
> > Fantastic. Couldn't agree more.
> >
> > Now explain in words of two syllables or less how the &^%$ you render
> > frames on a _text_ screen with a _fixed_ character set?
>
> Couldnt resist.
> X Windows has been around for a while (and GUI's too).

And your point is?

> Lets move on from fixed chars text screens, shall we?

Why? Why should I be forced to get RSI from rolling a mouse, invest more
and more into video cards to keep up with the growing trend to drop
support for older stuff, bloat my OS with a GUI I barely ever use just to
make convention more pleasant for people who are too lazy or too stupid to
recognise a command line when they see it?

> > :-)
>
> dito.

That's "ditto".

:-)