Re: [SLUG] OT - Job advertisement

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 05:48:26PM +1000, DaZZa (dazza@nospam.zip.com.au) wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
>
> > > Not part of HTML 1.0 AFAIK, which is all my version of lynx supports.
> >
> > I have to say (without wanting to start a Frame War) that frames greatly
> > reduce the amount of traffic generated. If you have three frames:
> >
> >  * main menu
> >  * sub menu
> >  * document
> >
> > then when selecting a link only the document needs to be updated,
> > speeding up loading and decreasing the traffic generated.....
>
> Fantastic. Couldn't agree more.
>
> Now explain in words of two syllables or less how the &^%$ you render
> frames on a _text_ screen with a _fixed_ character set?

Couldnt resist.
X Windows has been around for a while (and GUI's too).

Lets move on from fixed chars text screens, shall we?

> :-)

dito.

jhs

--
Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst@nospam.barrett.com.au, Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|