[SLUG] Re: Compile errors

\begin{DaZZa}
> fred:~/links-0.95 # make
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -g -O2 -c af_unix.c
> In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:492,
>                  from links.h:10,
>                  from af_unix.c:1:
> /usr/include/alloca.h:33: syntax error before `void'
> make: *** [af_unix.o] Error 1
> fred:~/links-0.95 #
>
> Anyone know what it means? SuSE 7.0, with update patches from about a
> month ago.

it probably means there's a syntax error before "void" on line 33 of
alloca.h

exactly what does that line say?
(my libc headers seem to be a little different to yours)

what sort of evil #define's exist in links.h and config.h ?

you could probably run "cpp -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. af_unix.c" (or ask
your editor to do that for you (C-c C-e)) and look at the output of
that if you wanted to see what it all expanded to.

--
 - Gus