Re: [SLUG] Proxy blues

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 06:51:43PM +1000, Laurie Savage wrote:
> I cannot get through the Dept of Education Proxy server with Lynx or
> Konqueror. The general setting given a school's ID is
> http://pac.xxx.yyy.zzz.au/schools/schoolid-xyzetc.pac
> Netscape under Linux can do this. Has anybody any ideas about getting
> through a PAC setup. The Sydney admin people don't know/don't
> care - I'm not using

I did a search on google for "schools 'pac file'" and there are lots of
links to follow from Linux In Australian Scools list.
One link, for Qld schools may help:
http://www.telstra-ccc.qld.schools.net.au/autoproxy/autoproxy.html
Lots of others too.

Mike
--
Love your neighbour, yet don't pull down your hedge. -- Benjamin Franklin

Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: Mike.Lake@nospam.uts.edu.au Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Home: http://www.speleonics.com.au
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.