[SLUG] Some Debian questions...

Hi,

I have been using Mandrake for the past year or so.

Wanting to deepen my knowledge of Linux and keen to experience the benefits of apt-get, I have switched to using Debian from the Advanced Linux Pocketbook.

Over a whole weekend, I managed to get pppoe working (cheated a little by using an rp-pppoe rpm), update to testing/unstable as I like to have up-to-date goodies, and managed to iron out a few configuration issues.

I am still experiencing a couple of problems though, that I hope someone here can help with as I have no friends who are even remotely into computers, I do this on my lonesome :(  Sad, I know...

First of all, I would like to run Evolution, however, I have been unsuccessful in installing it as it appears to require libgal6 and libgal7 is installed. Any links that I have found to libgal6 for Debian are broken. Anyone... Bueller ?

Second of all, I have installed apache-ssl and apache-perl, which, according to dpkg, includes Apache. However, I am unable to connect to http://localhost, only https://localhost, and even though Webmin is installed and running, I am unable to connect to https://localhost:10000.

I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of them right now, let's just deal with a couple at a time shall we?

Thanks a million,

John