Re: [SLUG] kdelibs in sid currently broken, 2.4.5?

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 06:28:45PM +1000, Andre Pang wrote:
> on another note, has anybody else found that 2.4.5 is playing
> weird memory games with the swapfile and is generally pretty
> unstable?  i managed to completely freeze it just by running
> 'Eterm -fn 9x15' (which is actually an invalid parameter now.)

Do you have a swap size 2 times your ram?

This is a general recommendation, but I believe its
a requirement at the moment with 2.4 kernels.
On the other hand, my swap is half my ram and everything
works OK, but I'm hardly using any swap.

Check the linux-kernel archives:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&r=1&w=2
Theres lots of talk about how swap has changed in 2.4.