Re: [SLUG] File start-up problem

This one time, at band camp, Debian User Adam Bogacki,,, said:
>when trying to install WordPerfect 8 from PCactive's December 2000 CD I
>mounted it (via Gnome), copied it to /usr where I had most diskspace, cd
>to /usr and ..... could not open the program.

type 'mount', I'll bet that your cdrom has been mounted with the noexec
option (as is the default on Debian).

Unmount, then in your shell:  mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
This'll mount and ignore the settings in /etc/fstab

--
jaq@nospam.spacepants.org                        http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg
<Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting