[SLUG] File start-up problem

Hi,

when trying to install WordPerfect 8 from PCactive's December 2000 CD I
mounted it (via Gnome), copied it to /usr where I had most diskspace, cd
to /usr and ..... could not open the program.

                                   ls -l WORDPERF
gave me
                                    -rwx--x--x 1 root root 2864128 0 Jun
5 14.28 WORDPERF

Trying
                                   chmod ug+rwx WORDPERF

gave me
                                     -rwxrwx-x  1 root root 2864128 0
Jun 5 14:28 WORDPERF

but it still would not open when typing WORDPERF as either root/usr or
adam/usr

What am I missing ? It must be obvious ....

Adam Bogacki,
afb3@nospam.primus.com.au