[SLUG] Asynchronous I/O

hello,
this is kiran.  I am using Red Hat linux version 7.0.  kernel version is 2.2.16-22.  i want to know does this support POSIX aio(aysnchrounous io calls).  He has given header file /usr/include/aio.h but when i use the functions aio_read or aio_write it is giving in compilation saying undefined reference.  and i tried to find out the library for this aio.  but i am not able to.  so if any one knows about this please tell me, whether this is having aio support or how to make it work.
with regards,
kiran