[SLUG] Off-Topic: Laptop Memory?

Hi,
I have an Armada 4131T that I've put linux onto (of course!)

The machine has 16Mb memory on its motherboard, and two DIMM slots.
When I got it, it had an 8M DIMM in each to give 32M in toto.

I've changed these  to 64M DIMMs.  The BIOS now sees only 80M.  Is
there any way to get the kernel to see more?

The obvious `add mem=144M' to the kernel boot line failed to work.
(The kernel came half up then hung)

I'm using kernel version 2.4.5 if that makes a difference.

Does anyone else here have one of these machines?

Peter C