[SLUG] Upgrading to RH 7.1

Hi,

I have Redhat 7.0 on a little server that shares an internet
connection using ipchains.  It works fine at the moment, but I'm
thinking of upgrading to RH 7.1 which of course has the new 2.4
kernel.  Will ipchains still function correctly (or should i say in
the same way) under 2.4 and RH 7.1?  This is just in case implementing
the routing tables in 2.4 takes a lot of fiddling (or if I give up in
the end = ).

I suppose I can always keep the old kernel there and boot into it if I
need to, but does RH 7.1 overwrite anything that's necessary for
ipchains to function?

Thanks!!

Jin