[SLUG] Potato -> Woody

Hi all,

A question for those who follow the Debian path:

I have a Potato system (from APC Advanced Linux Pocketbook) upgraded via apt-get to the latest stable Potato, with a 2.4.4 kernel I compiled myself, and the necessary upgrades to modutils etc to talk happily to a 2.4.x kernel. Seems to be running fine.

If in my /etc/apt/sources.list I put

deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

And then do an apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade, do I end up with a working Debian Woody system or a broken pile of poo?

I'm mainly interested in getting a Debian system that can handle iptables, which apparently needs libc6 >=2.2.3-1 (though I think this may be just a dependency that apt-get and co need to run the config stuff or something like that - with libc6 2.1.3-18 I can dpkg -i iptables 1.2.2-2, it complains and refuses to configure it, but it still seems to work fine, I can set up a firewall and masq stuff with no problems, but apt-get is unusable because it complains and exits since iptables hasn't been configured as far as it can tell).

Thanks,
Tom