Re: [SLUG] Can't exec binary file

Angus Lees blurted out:

> 1. not executable (or something) (check with ls -l)

it is executable

> 2. missing library (check with ldd)

reports "not a dynamic executable"

this means (correct me if i am wrong) that it is statically linked

> 3. its actually some other program that xmodmap is trying to run, and
> the error message just looks like its xmodmap itself (check with strace)

results in

"strace: exec: Exec format error"

i have no idea what that means. not even google helped :(

> 4. ld.so is screwed up somehow (can't test directly, but you'll notice
> all sorts of other things dying too)

i haven't noticed any other problems...

later
marty

"I can't buy what I want because it's free. Can't be what they want
because I'm me." - Corduroy, Pearl Jam