Re: [SLUG] Which USB modem?

Best place to look would be http://www.linux-usb.org, and the working
devices list at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/

> Errr, why USB? USB under Linux still requires a black-belt degree in black
> magic.
> *pats his trusty 56K serial modem*

Not really.  According to the USB Guide, making a USB modem work involves a
kernel-recompile, and adding a device.  Funky user-friendly distros like
Mandrake probably already have the support there.
And since 2.2.18 and up have reasonably complete USB support rolled in, you
don't even need to worry about upgrading to 2.4 anymore.  The exception
being usb-storage, but that's another story.

Peter.
peterhardy@nospam.one.net.au