Re: [SLUG] Stuff you miss from Windows...

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, John Ferlito wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 11:21:52PM +1000, David wrote:
> > set to trigger Monday apparently. It is a file called SULFNBK.EXE - 44k in
> >
> > ... but I heard on a radio interview that it is in fact a hoax, and that
> > SULFNBK.EXE is a system file. Putting aside jokes about the entire Windows
> > system being one giant hoax/virus, can anyone shed any light?
> >

> 	www.mcafee.com it's on the front page. It's a hoax.

This is one of the risks with Windoze.
It is so virus prone that it is even prone to non-viruses because
of expectations being so high that it will by default contain one.

Through a small amount of social engineering one can convince a windoze
user their system has a virus even if it doesn't, causing a DOS attack!

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis			Optus/Excite@nospam.Home
UNIX Administrator			100 Harris Street