Re: [SLUG] SLUG Pastimes

This one time, at band camp, Andre Pang said:
>reiserfs works well for me.  i've been using it for a very long
>time and have never suffered data loss because of it, even in
>its early days.

I run a 28G disk, one partition, all reiser.  I created the filesystem
back in 2.2.18, with the relevant reiserfs patch, and all was great.

I'm now using the same disk under 2.4.3, and some corruption has arrived
:(

The ends of some filenames contain unprintable characters, and the
filesystem code doesn't seem to like it very much -- the files exist and
contain data, they show up in an ls, but they can't be accessed; stat(),
unlink() and open() all fail with a file-not-found.

>personally, i'd think that reiserfs is far more stable than XFS,

I have a feeling it's because of a small change in the later code... I
can't be sure tho.

In any case, the next disk I get will be getting XFS on it.  Time for
some fs duels.

--
jaq@nospam.spacepants.org                        http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg
Better to teach a man to fish than to give him a fish.  And if he can't