Re: [SLUG] Stuff you miss from Windows...

I know this is off-topic, but being in a Microsoft free zone, there is no
one else I can turn to for info.

Friends of mine are having nervous breakdowns about the following, quote:

"I was told of a new virus tonight by my brother-in-law. He has found it
on every corporate computer he has worked on in the last month. Apparently
they estimate that 85% of Australian computers have this already. It is
set to trigger Monday apparently. It is a file called SULFNBK.EXE - 44k in
size and it is in the Windows/Command Folder. Looks like a windows logo. I
found it on mine tonight. If it is there delete it and then empty the
trash bin as it is designed to pop back out unless you do. It, once
triggered, wipes your entire hard disk."   ........... end quote.

... but I heard on a radio interview that it is in fact a hoax, and that
SULFNBK.EXE is a system file. Putting aside jokes about the entire Windows
system being one giant hoax/virus, can anyone shed any light?