Re: [SLUG] WFWG clients - How

Terry,
Can i suggest that your try the latest samba, if not i cant see any
reason not the use an older version of samba.

Samba still speaks basic smb, just does more now!

You could try using linux as a novell server which would mean a minimal
fuss transition as fast as the clients go.

I still have the wfwg tcpip stuff on my file server (i download drivers
and store them for occasions such as this, not like media is expensive)
Ill send/mail/post them to you if you want

Dean

Terry Collins wrote:

> I am looking to retire my Novell 4.11 server but still need to provide
> file and print services to two WFWG clients, which will be naturally off
> a linux server.
>
> Is anyone still doing this and how?
>
> My understanding is that Samba gave up WFWG clients sometime ago. The
> other option seems to be to dig out my PCNFS software from storage.
> --
>    Terry Collins {:-)}}} Ph(02) 4627 2186 Fax(02) 4628 7861
>    email: terryc@nospam.woa.com.au  www: http://www.woa.com.au
>    WOA Computer Services <lan/wan, linux/unix, novell>
>
>  "People without trees are like fish without clean water"
>
> --

BONG: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL...
dean@nospam.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au   	   dean@nospam.bong.com.au