[SLUG] Installing a new HDD to a linux box - suggestions

Hello All,

With the recent price drops in HW, I decided to do some upgrades.

Along with uprgading to 512 MB of ram :), I'll be adding a 20 GB IDE disk
to my existing 13 GB linux disk. Now on with the questions.

1:)
The rhat installer suggests swap to be trwice as large as physical ram, I
currently have 768 MB swap, will this be an issue with 512 MB ?

2:)
My current 13 GB is setup as 768 MB swap and the rest as "/" any
suggestions on mounting the second disk. It will be used primarily for
storing mp3's, and video. I was going just mount it off /storage. Is the ok ??

I havn't done this in a while, but the steps are disk, mkfs and mount
(and entry into fstab) right ??

Regards

Mehmet Ozdemir

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com