[SLUG] ADSL w/ 2 pair cable

Howard,

You said:

> 1. Has anyone any experiences with cross talk from an ADSL enabled pair
> over to the other non-ADSL enabled pair, or between two ADSL enabled
> pairs?

I had two active lines in my unit before I activated ADSL.  One of my lines was
voice, and the other was reserved for data calls (my parents frequently
complain that they can't contact me 'coz I'm using the Internet all the time).

The second line was converted to ADSL, and worked well.  I could connect out to
the Internet through the ADSL line, and through a splitter, dial into home over
the same line, and get 33.6k connections.

I essentially became my own ISP - I could dial up from anywhere in the world to
my gateway machine, and browse the Internet across the ADSL link.

The setup worked well, as I only had to pay the rental charges for the second
line (it registered no outbound calls for the 4 months I had ADSL installed).

> 2. Is the Telstra offering splitterless or bandpass filtered?

I had a splitter box on my line - ADSL in one end of the box, clean voice line
out the other.

Rebecca Richards, CCSA CCSE, Unix/Security Consultant, e-Secure Pty Ltd
"Secure in a Networked World"     Phone:  (02) 9438 4984 Fax: (02) 9438 4986
Suite 201, 2-4 Pacific Highway    Mobile: 0412 823 206
St Leonards NSW Australia         Email:  r.richards@nospam.e-secure.com.au
ACN 068 798 194                   http://www.e-secure.com.au