[SLUG] Formating a new Drive

Howdy

this should be an easy one.

I have installed a new HDD setup as /dev/hdb
It is fdisk'ed with a Linux file system enabled.
However I can't work out how to format the drive to make it ready for use.
I tried fsck and it bailed on me (not suprising) as it is the File system
checker.
I tried mkfs -c /dev/hdb and it just keeps coming up with
Usage: mkfs.minix [-c | -l filename] [-nXX] [-iXX] /dev/name blocks

But it looks ok to me !

After that I just have to modify fstab and mount the drive and I will be away.
Did I miss anything ?

Thanx

Peter McCarthy