[SLUG] Argh! My drive no work

I have a big mutha of a drive with stacks of mp3s and the like on them.
It also has a couple of DOS partitions on it.  The DOS partitions are
working perfectly but the ext2 partition seems to have come unstuck:

bash-2.04$ sudo e2fsck /dev/hdc3
e2fsck 1.18, 11-Nov-1999 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hdc3

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate
superblock:
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

Doing what it suggests gives the same error.

How do I get the partition to talk to me again?  I'm lonely (and quiet)
without my mp3s :(

--
Rev Simon Rumble          Opinions expressed in this email may
simon@nospam.rumble.net          not reflect those of the host brain.