Re: [ProgSoc] Win2K dropping off network

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:30:59AM +1100, Martin Gisch wrote:
> On the offchance some windows expert on this list has seen this problem
> before, I thought I'd ask.
>
> Problem:
> Win2K SP2 with a D-Link DFE 530TX network card. Runs VNC server 3.3.3r7.
> Intermittently, while remotely using this machine via a Linux VNC client,
> the W2K box will stop receiving absolutely all network packets.

VNC does some voodoo to get it's loopback networking happening. It may
be buggy code, I noticed that 3.3.3r9 is now out.

Really, you want to peer at the packets between the two machines. I
haven't tried this personally, but I'm told that Ethereal and libpcap
(search google) do the job quite well.

--
Tom

Maybe you well excitement when you read the mail.
Maybe you well consider that the E-mail is borbage.