Re: [ProgSoc] Win2K dropping off network

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:30:59AM +1100, Martin Gisch wrote:
> On the offchance some windows expert on this list has seen this problem
> before, I thought I'd ask.
> Problem:
> Win2K SP2 with a D-Link DFE 530TX network card. Runs VNC server 3.3.3r7.
> Intermittently, while remotely using this machine via a Linux VNC client,
> the W2K box will stop receiving absolutely all network packets.

VNC does some voodoo to get it's loopback networking happening. It may
be buggy code, I noticed that 3.3.3r9 is now out.

Really, you want to peer at the packets between the two machines. I
haven't tried this personally, but I'm told that Ethereal and libpcap
(search google) do the job quite well.

Maybe you well excitement when you read the mail.
Maybe you well consider that the E-mail is borbage.