Re: ITD Dialup (was Re: [ProgSoc] Re: [TFL] Re: Ideas)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Simon Hirshbein wrote:

> [...]

AHA! We have a confession! Repent for your sins! =D

> Answer me that!

Actually, I was referring to several Indian guys I used to know who used
(or rather, "abused") the service to download porn. It was a wonder that
they never got caught by ITD at the time... and when ITD seriously looked
into it, they found a whole host of other students who were also
downloading porn. So they said "stuff this" and scrapped the service,
while retaining their own dial-up line for ITD staff... until they found
that one of their own was also downloading porn (one guy even had 300MB of
MP3s on his workstation), resulting in that ITD staff shake-up towards the
end of last semester.

--
Col'n