Re: [ProgSoc] Auto SMS Sender

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:08, Eliseo d'Annunzio wrote:
 ] perhaps setting up a regular cron job to activate lynx to perform certain
 ] tasks (once the appropriate URL has been worked out) to perform them? I
 ] remember there being an option to perform an automatic link to simply
 ] connect to a specified URL without going into the actual lynx interface.

 There are tools designed to do exactly this.  I use lftp usually for
 this kind of thing, but wget seems to be almost as powerful.  There
 was a util posted on freshmeat a few weeks ago that advertised itself
 as a genuine commandline lynx-esque thing -- but I'll be buggered
 if I can find it now.  Searches on the net for words like 'http get
 command line' are rarely a satisfying experience.  But I did find
 'snarf', which seems to be YA similar tool.

 ] PS: While I'm at it, what's the latest on the Coke Powered Web Server? or
 ] for that matter brick.progsoc.org ?

 If you'd attended the AGM, you'd know that the brick is still running.

 I'm sure the minutes & exec announcements will be posted shortly.

 Jedd.

--
 jedd == jedd at progsoc dot org
 "The unemployment queue is no longer just for philosophy